This free BMP to JPG converter can help you convert BMP (Bitmap) image to JPG (JPEG Image) image. The tool will try to maintain the image quality of the source BMP file and create a high quality JPG file as much as possible.
How To Use
- Select a BMP file (such as *.bmp, *.dib).
- Click the "Convert" button to start uploading your files.
- Once the upload is complete, the converter will redirect a web page to display the conversion results.
- The maximum upload file size is 200 MB.
- Before uploading, please make sure you agree to the terms of this website.
- If the file upload process takes a long time or is unresponsive or very slow, please try to cancel and resubmit.
- This converter cannot support encrypted or protected image files.
- If the source file is a very large file, it will take more time to upload, be sure to select a valid file.
File Format Information
- BMP (Bitmap) is a uncompressed raster graphics image format, used as standard image format under Windows operating system, Windows bitmaps are stored in a device-independent bitmap (DIB) format, a bitmap file contains a file header, information header, a color table, and bitmap bits. This format does not compress the data, so images in this format usually have a large file size. The file extensions can be .bmp, .dib.
- JPG (JPEG Image) is a lossy image compression format, compression method is usually lossy, based on the discrete cosine transform (DCT), encodings include: Sequential Encoding, Progressive Encoding, Lossless Encoding and Hierarchical Encoding. This format compresses the data and reduces the file size as much as possible without losing too much image quality. The file extensions can be .jpg, .jpeg.
Related Image Converters
Related Converters For Converting BMP to Other Image
Related Converters For Converting Files To JPG