This free NEF to DNG converter can help you convert NEF (Nikon Electronic Format) image to DNG (Digital Negative) image. The tool will try to maintain the image quality of the source NEF file and create a high quality DNG file as much as possible.
How To Use
- Select a NEF file.
- Click the "Convert" button to start uploading your files.
- Once the upload is complete, the converter will redirect a web page to display the conversion results.
- The maximum upload file size is 200 MB.
- Before uploading, please make sure you agree to the terms of this website.
- If the file upload process takes a long time or is unresponsive or very slow, please try to cancel and resubmit.
- This converter cannot support encrypted or protected image files.
- If the source file is a very large file, it will take more time to upload, be sure to select a valid file.
File Format Information
- NEF (Nikon Electronic Format) is a raw image format for Nikon cameras, contains all the photo information captured by camera and image metadata. This format retains the original 12-bit and 16-bit raw data of the photo without any pre-processing, so you can use more colors and more controls when processing your photos. Photos in this format will be much larger then files in JPG format.
- DNG (Digital Negative) is an open lossless image format developed by Adobe for the raw data generated by digital cameras, based on the TIFF/EP standard format. This format be supported by almost all of RAW image processing software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Darktable, RawTherapee and more. Many digital cameras use this format to store unprocessed data.
Related Image Converters
Related Converters For Converting NEF to Other Image
Related Converters For Converting Files To DNG